A 26-year-old woman has been found lifeless after her charging phone fell into the bath.
Evygenia Shulyatyeva from Russia was instantly electrocuted when her device is believed to have fallen into the water. It is not clear whether she had been using her phone when she died.
It was her mother, Vera, who found her body. She rushed to her home when she couldn’t contact her.
Before the funeral, her loved ones posted on social media and shared heartfelt tributes.
Her friend, Elena Shakleina, wrote: “Sister… rest in peace…. sleep well…. you are forever in our hearts… Call me tomorrow, say that was just a dream, that this is not the truth.”
Anyuna Buyanova also posted: “You were so bright… Sleep well…”
The incident is currently being assessed by the Russian Investigative Committee.
In April, another woman named Anastasia also suffered the same fate. It was also her mother who found her body.
48-year-old Oksana said: “I saw Nastya (Anastasia) lying in an empty bath.
“In one hand, she was holding her mobile phone plugged into the socket, and in the other hand she had a bath plug.
“I thought she was alive but unconscious. I called the ambulance. Paramedics came very quickly but they could only register the death of my daughter.”
Just last week, 14-year-old Yulia Vysotskaya died when her phone slipped out of her hands.
Last year, 15-year-old Irina Rybnikova also passed away while using her phone, which was charging at her home.
12-year-old Ksenia P also passed away after using her phone to listen to music in the bath.
“Water is a good conductor… this is why there was a short circuit when the phone fell into the water,” said Yury Agrafonov, the head of radio-electric department of Irkutsk State University, after Irina’s death.
“If the phone had not been plugged in to 220 volts, the tragedy would not have happened.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this post with your family and friends!
Video Credit: Rumble