A 51-year-old woman died during a lamington-eating contest on Australia Day.
A lamington-eating contest was held at the Beach House Hotel in Scarness near Hervey Bay, Queensland where several people attended.
Megan Moon had a seizure while eating lamington, an Australian dessert.
A witness said that the woman was eating the dessert and started slowing down and then became motionless.
The pub immediately performed CPR and called an ambulance.
She was then taken to a hospital but couldn’t survive.
The witness wrote on Facebook after the incident: “Sadly a lady died during the lamington-eating competition.
This lady shovelled the lamington into her mouth with no restraint… inhaled the coconut and arrested.”
“The pub was very quick to respond with CPR, and the ambulance rocked… working on her [for] over half an hour, it didn’t look good.”
Another witness told that she was filming her friend who was taking part in the competition.
After the witness’ friend finished, they saw the woman falling to the ground.
The witness said: “I was filming and just as my friend finished I noticed she was dribbling so I rang triple-0 as she fell to the ground.
I was talking to triple-0 until they arrived.
The manager and security and a friend of mine worked on her until then.”
“They put a sheet up around her and worked on her for at least another half an hour.
They shocked her a few times and were still doing CPR as they took her out about 30 to 40 minutes later.”
Unfortunately, the woman took part in the lamington-eating contest on Australia passed away.
The Beach House Hotel paid tribute to the woman who was a regular customer of the pub.
They said she was a happy and friendly patron and an important part of the community.
Police are now investigating the death of the woman who died during the contest.
[rumble video_id=vvpwd domain_id=u7nb2]