Keira Ladlow from Birmingham was sleeping at around 2 pm when she was attacked by a dog she rescued from the streets.
Ambulances and police rushed to the scene but the 25-year-old was pronounced dead after the dog chewed her arm off, her shocked neighbors said.
A relative took to Facebook and shared how Ms. Ladlow had rescued the dog, The Sun reported.
“Her previous dog was a pit bull that died of cancer so she rescued this dog after finding it in a garden where it had been on and off for four years,” Abeygail Barrett wrote.
“Sometimes dogs are rescued with all good intentions but their past can make them tragically unpredictable.”
Horrified neighbors said the dog bit Ms. Ladlow’s arm off as she lay in bed.
Eric Kirton, 72, said: “I saw everything going on outside. There were ambulances and police cars. I thought they were searching for a person, then I heard about the dog and thought they must’ve been looking for it. My daughter phoned up and said a young lady had been bitten by a dog.”
“She’s a manageress in a cafe where lots of police go and heard there that the woman was in bed when the dog chewed her arm off.
“I don’t know how she died, but it might’ve been from the wounds. Last night I could see eight or so relatives turn up at the house. It’s such a surprise – I think most people around here had no idea what had happened.”
West Midlands Police said the dog was handed over to authorities.
Another neighbor who wanted to remain anonymous also said: “It’s shocking, absolutely shocking. I’ve only recently moved here and don’t know her or the family. There was never any trouble there, and I never saw the dog.
“There were loads of police and an ambulance when I came back from the shops. Then I found out when my friend sent me the news story this morning.
“It’s terrible and must’ve been a horrific way to die.”
A spokesperson for the West Midlands Police said: “We were called to Sunbeam Way just after 2pm on Friday by a relative. Sadly, a woman, aged 25, was found dead at the scene after suffering serious injuries believed to have been caused by a family dog which also lived at the address.
“No-one else was in the property at the time, and the woman’s family has signed the dog, believed to be a Staffordshire cross, over to police.
“It will be humanely put to sleep.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Dog Rescued By A Police Officer After Being Tied To A Moving Truck”