A woman has been living with her lips stuck to her chest for the last 15 years after she didn’t get medical treatment for an injury she received during a fire in her workplace.
Leonor Niusa used to work at a farm in Zamboanga City, the Philippines. The horrific incident which started her ordeal happened when a candle accidentally ignited a gasoline storage room at her farm.
Though Niusa managed to escape, she received severe burns on her body and face.
At the time her family thought they couldn’t afford her medical care, so the unfortunate woman never received the treatment she needed.
After her burns got healed, her lips were permanently left attached to her chest.
Owing to her condition, the 43-year-old has limited mobility as compared to a normal person, something that has made her unfit for a permanent job.
The mother-of-three mostly lives on donations that she and her son collect by visiting town to town.
Justin Quiban was one of the persons who helped the pair. Justin gave them water and food after he found them wandering in his neighborhood.
Residents of Zamboanga City are now raising funds for Niusa so that she can have life-changing surgery.
Quiban said: ‘Zamboanga City said that she hasn’t been to the doctor ever since the accident. Her family chose to treat her burns in their house because they are afraid they will not be able to pay the medical bills.’
Niusa’s other two children live at a different place with her husband.
In a video clip recorded by Quiban, the distressed woman said she wants to get treated for the sake of her kids as tears rolled down her face.
‘I don’t want my kids to grow up with me looking like this forever,’ she said, adding how she wants nothing else than getting treatment for her condition.
Quiban has also raised some donations for Niusa. Let’s hope the woman soon undergoes the surgery she needs to live a normal life again.