Watch the video below:
Video Credit: Facebook/Idaho Power
Dioni Amuchastegui, on July 13th, shared an alarming post from his company’s Facebook page.Dioni who is a battery technician at Idaho Power Company reported that this incident happened when he was at his lunch break.
Suddenly he spotted some smoke coming from underneath the center console of his truck.When he hurriedly reached the front, what he saw was a plastic water bottle refracted the light which resulted in the ignition of flames on his truck’s front seat.
Two burn marks we witnessed on Dioni’s vehicle seat.
According to David Richardson from Midway City Fire Department in Oklahoma, firefighters are warning the drivers to remain safe from such hazards and never leave their water bottles in their cars on hot sunny days.
As the water acts as a magnifier when the sunlight comes through it.The temperature can be reached to approximately 250 degrees when sunlight passes by a water bottle which can cause ignition.
Although such incidences are rare to occur yet the officials, to ensure fire safety, are alerting people to stay safe from such serious fire hazards by avoiding any water bottles inside your cars. Leaving a water bottle in your car seems to be a very petty activity but is actually life-threatening. So it is better to be safe before being sorry.
SHARE this eye-opening article with your friends and family.
“Family lost their Dream home by Wildfire”