An upset vegan has spoken out and demanded an apology after being left “traumatized for life” because a restaurant accidentally served her a meat sausage instead of the vegan alternative she ordered.
As 20-year-old Sharleen Ndungu from Kent, UK, explained, Greggs bakery in Canterbury served her a meat sausage after she had ordered a vegan version.
According to the animal lover, she suffered a severe panic attack after biting into her roll only to find out that it contained meat.
While the student was offered a full refund and a $40 voucher, she turned the customer service down and told them she wanted a public apology from Greggs.
“I was asking for a public apology to make people aware that they should watch out for things like this,” Sharleen said.
“People can be allergic to pork and potentially die from such a stupid mistake. It’s my choice not to consume meat because it causes cancer. That choice has been taken away from me.”
According to KentLive, the experience Sharleen went through left her “traumatized for life” and scared to eat in other food outlets because they might make the same mistake.
“I haven’t had meat in two years. My belly started hurting and my heart started going crazy. I was panicking because that only happens when I consume meat – this doesn’t happen when I have other food,” she added.
In her attempt to secure a public apology, the student even created three videos in which she ranted about her experience at Greggs and posted them on social media.
“I’m carrying on eating and my heart starts beating like madness. Heart palpitations like I was running somewhere or something,” she said in one of the videos.
“And then my stomach started turning upside down, I was like ‘woah, what’s going on, this only happens when I consume meat. My body is poisoned for life now, you know.’ I’m traumatised for life now – I’m never going to Greggs again.”
What are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends and follow us on Facebook for more news and stories!