A vegan has revealed she was left “sick and heartbroken” after biting into a chicken burger she was given at a KFC following an order mix-up.
27-year-old Nic Kent from Nottingham has lost all trust in the fast-food chain after they’ve given her a chicken burger following her order of a ‘zero chicken’ vegan alternative.
As the woman explained, she has ordered the meat-free version from Clifton KFC because she has been vegan for five years.
Soon enough, however, Nic and her sister realized that the burger not only contained meat but also cheese – which posed another problem for the lactose-intolerant vegan.
“I felt sick. I was heartbroken. It has been a long time since I first became a vegan. I went to brush my teeth after,” she explained.
As Nic added, she didn’t check the contents of the burger before biting into it because she had trusted KFC with providing her with the right order.
“You know when you are so hungry and you do not chew? I waited a long time for it so I was hungry and I just wanted to enjoy it. Luckily it was not a big bite,” the 27-year-old said.
“I’ve been vegan for five years so I known damn well that was not any plant-based stuff. I could feel all the skin going down my throat.
“My sister picked up the burger and checked for me. I should have checked but really I should not have had to. I’m not a militant vegan but I was so grateful that KFC was trying to do something, a place that me and my family could go. I just feel disappointed. KFC do not care about vegans or about animal welfare, it’s just about money.”
According to Nic, a phone call to the manager of the branch in question got her and her sister a free meal following the mix-up. However, the trust has already been lost.
“We’re really sorry for what happened with Nic’s order – we got it wrong on this occasion,” KFC spokesperson responded after the incident.
“We offered a full refund straight away and a replacement Vegan Burger, but we realize it’s super important we don’t slip up – particularly when it comes to allergens.
“We’ve followed up with our teams to remind them of the importance of getting the right order to the right customer – and we’ll keep doing everything we can to prevent this happening again.”
What are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends and follow us on Facebook for more news and stories!
Recommended Video For You!
Hidden Camera Catches What Waitress Does To Elderly Man’s Food. Now It’s Going Viral