OWN TV host Dr Laura Berman has shared how her 16-year-old son, Samuel Berman Chapman, tragically died.
“My beautiful boy is gone. 16 years old,” the 25-year-old television personality and relationship therapist wrote in a heartbreaking post on Instagram.
The grieving mother said that a drug dealer had connected with her son online and “gave him fentanyl laced Xanax and he overdosed in his room.”
Dr. Berman further said: “They do this because it hooks people even more and is good for business but it causes overdose and the kids don’t know what they are taking.
“My heart is completely shattered and I am not sure how to keep breathing. I post this now only so that not one more kid dies.”
Dr. Berman is also a mother to Jackson and Ethan. She said that she and her husband had made an earnest effort in trying to take their children to the right path.
“We watched him so closely. Straight A student. Getting ready for college. Experimentation gone bad. He got the drugs delivered to the house,” Dr. Berman continued.
In a statement to E! News, the mother-of-three said: “Our hearts are broken for ourselves and for all the other children that are suffering during this pandemic.”
She also calls on social media networks to help the “Santa Monica Police with their investigation, which according to the police is something the big technology companies regularly refuse to do.
“And we encourage every parent to manage their children’s social media as closely as possible.”
One parent commented: “Such a beautiful young man and only sixteen! Genuinely tragic loss.”
Another wrote: “I admire and thank her for being so forthcoming as of the cause of death. Many parents are hiding the fact that their kids have died of an overdose ( out of embarrassment? Shame?) These deaths need to be revealed for what they are ,- bad drugs (fentynal) coming over from (mostly) China. SOMETHING needs to be done about it.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Mummy’s Little Miracle! Brave Cervical Cancer Mum Gives Birth To Miracle Baby Son”