Heartbreaking photos show a 3-year-old boy who survived being impaled by an iron rod after falling from a high building.
3-year-old Nadeem was busy playing with other children on the third floor of the building in India when he suddenly fell. The boy landed on a 6ft-long metal pole in a fetal position.
The rod punctured his left thigh and went through his lower abdomen before piercing through his upper back. Fortunately, the metal pole missed all his vital organs.
It was an electrician working nearby, Pankaj Parma, who saw the horrifying accident and cut the rod to take the child to King George Hospital.
One hour after the child arrived, hospital staff performed an emergency surgery where they opened his abdominal side and thigh to remove the rod.
After three hours, the rod had been removed. Nadeem stayed in the hospital for two weeks and recovered well.
Dr. Samir Mishra said the rod passed only two centimeters away from his liver but punctured his small intestine and diaphragm.
“Initially, we did not know which internal organs had been punctured by the rod, and as such pulling out the rod would have been detrimental to his life,” the doctor said.
“As a result, we had to cut open his thigh and left abdominal side to remove the rod. Only during the surgery, it was noticed that the rod had passed just 2cms away from the liver, but the diaphragm was punctured and put a hole through the small intestine.
“As luck would have it, the rod entered his body in an angle missing the vital organs including the heart, before exiting from his upper back.”
The boy is now back to his old, playful self. Wishing you all the best, Nadeem!
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your family and friends!
“Two Young Boys Miraculously Survive After Being Buried Under Hundreds Of Bricks While Playing Near Them”