A 23-month-old boy has tragically passed away while trying to save his pet puppy after a fire broke out in his family home.
The incident occurred in Gentry, Arkansas, where young Loki Sharp ran back into the burning house in an attempt to save his puppy.
As grieving parents Caitlyn and Kurtis explained, they successfully evacuated their son from the house but he managed to slip back inside while they were busy calling for help and battling the flames.
Unfortunately, both Loki and his furry friend have passed away in the house fire.
“I just wanna stop here and say never take your children for granted. Cherish every waking moment with them!!!! We love u bubba and we know your in a better place!!!!” Kurtis wrote in the tribute to his son.
As the father added, his son and the family dog died trying to protect each other.
“Please keep us high in your prayers tomorrow as we will be going to the funeral home to get our precious baby boys funeral and burial all set up!!!” he added.
According to Fire Chief Vester Cripps, the fire was most likely caused by an electrical fault.
After the incident, a Facebook fundraiser was initiated in order to help raise clothing, food, and money for the couple who “lost everything.”
“One of our dear representatives lost everything in a house fire. Not only did they lose their belongings but also a precious child. The last thing we want the family to worry about during this very difficult time is money. Most importantly please pray for this family,” the page reads.
What are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends and follow us on Facebook for more news and stories!
Recommended Video For You!
Great Dane extremely jealous of new puppy