Tragic reports confirm how a beautiful English toddler has passed away after swallowing batteries present inside a remote control.
Little Harper-Lee Farnthorpe was only two years old when her concerned parents reported her to the ER, right after she began vomiting bright red blood. Her parents claim they rushed her to the emergency where doctors made the decision to perform surgery immediately.
However, sadly, the young toddler passed away last month, confirmed local media outlets.
Meanwhile, an inquest into the case heard how her older sister raised an alarm when she felt that something just wasn’t right regarding her. And that’s the exact moment when the young tot was rushed to the A&E, where medical experts felt it was necessary to administer at least 9 units of blood into her tiny body.
Despite great efforts from surgeons at the Royal Stoke Hospital, the youngster tragically died.
A recent statement from her grieving mother was read in court where Stacey Nickin revealed the horror and shock that the family experienced regarding the incident. Here is where she claimed, “She was our everything and was developing so well. We had no concerns about her,” the mum went on to painfully explain.
“Harper-Lee was really full of life and everyone loved her,” she added, wiping away her sorrow-filled tears.
The mother also told the court how her daughter liked sticking everything inside of her mouth. At that particular moment, she was eating her lunch, alongside her older sister as the mum rushed off to work.
Sadly, just about 30 minutes later, her other daughter called her, claiming how she had ordered an ambulance as little Harper didn’t appear to be doing too well. She observed the large quantity of blood that had come out of her body and knew that her health was in danger.
And that’s when the mum rushed home to see Harper shifted into an ambulance and rushed away immediately. “I was told that she may have swallowed a battery that was the size of a button. But little did I know that in the end, she would die,” the mum wept.