This shocking incident occurred at Little Lights Kindy in Rotorua, on New Zealand’s North Island.
Neihana is described as a very joyous and a loving child, who was an active little boy before this incident took place.
He loved to run and play outdoor games, with that he is said to be a great dancer. But after this incident, it made him unable to walk, talk, swallow normally or move his body.
This implies that he cannot do things that are children of his age doing. That may include singing songs, painting pictures, climbing trees, or even drinking from a cup.
Dr. Alexander says that he will never be able to do such activities ever on his own. Coming back to when and how this incident took place, brings us to this toddlers daycare center. The apple was peeled and given to the children in the daycare.
Gradually, as the kids ate the snack, one of the teachers noticed little Neihana had worryingly started to choke. She went to the rescue of the youngster, and the other teacher tried to remove the fruit that was stuck in his throat.
With time, one of them attempted mouth to mouth resuscitation, but the little kid ended up vomiting blood into the teachers’ mouth. After all of this, Neihana fell unconscious, and his skin began to change color. The nursery staff decided to call an ambulance.
Dr. Alexander after testing the baby tells that the baby was left in severe cerebral palsy when he had a cardiac arrest for 30 minutes.
The toddler was in the hospital’s intensive care unit for two weeks, with a further two months extension in the regular ward.
Neihana now suffers from cerebral palsy and brain damage caused by the oxygen supply being cut off during the incident. Dr. Sarah Alexander says that Neihana was a healthy and fit boy before this incident.
She has now approached New Zealand’s Ministry of Education to tighten rules about food safety and first aid training.
He wrote about “As of typical of children of his age, he did not have a full set of teeth having neither first nor second molars that are essential for grinding food.” Hope, that now the Ministry takes steps and tighten rules so that a life like Neihana’s could be saved and measures can be taken in the future.
Share this post with your friends and family.
Related Video – Horrified mother discovers pins in the punnet of strawberries.
Don’t forget to ▼LIKE US▼ for more inspirational stories:)