Three people passed away after a dry ice stunt to make a dramatic ‘visual effect’ ended in tragedy.
29-year-old Ekaterina Didenko, an influencer with 1.2 million followers on Instagram, held a pool party for her birthday celebration.
Unfortunately, things went tragically wrong when 25 kg of dry ice was dumped into the pool. But the dry ice started to melt and flooded the Devyaty Val complex with carbon dioxide.
Guests excitedly jumped into the water but they started to choke and fall unconscious. Sadly, three people passed away and many more were hospitalized.
The Instagrammer’s husband, Valentin Didenko, was among the three who lost their lives.
The other two people were 25-year-old Yuri Alferov and Natalia Monakova, also 25, who were confirmed dead at the scene.
According to reports, seven other guests needed medical attention, including the influencer.
After the accident, the mother-of-two shared a heartbreaking video and said: “Valya [her husband] is not with us any more. Or Natasha [Natalia]. Or Yura [Yuri].
“I did not cry yesterday… today I just exploded. I thought it was not true, it was a nightmare.
“Nastya [her daughter] woke up today – ‘Where is daddy?’ I do not know what to say to her. She is asking me: ‘Why are you crying?’”
A solid form of carbon dioxide (CO2), dry ice must be kept around -109F (-79C). If stored and used correctly, dry ice can be fun and harmless. However, it must be used in small quantities and in a well-ventilated area.
However, reports say that Valentin wanted the dry ice to make an ‘impressive steam show’ as guests jumped into the pool.
But when ice was dumped into the water, party goers started fainting.
What’s your take on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this post with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Playful Pooch Enjoys A Sunny Day In Owner’s Pool”