Louise Byrne and her husband Jesse, from Perth, Western Australia, went on a trip to Bali, Indonesia with their three kids Ella, 7, Logan, 5, and Heidi, 1.
A local Balinese beach vendor approached their son Logan on the third day of their trip for a temporary ‘henna’ tattoo.
Watch the painful scar on the five-year-old’s hand due to the temporary tattoo
The vendor offered to give the temporary ‘henna’ tattoo for just £2.80.
The parents didn’t think much of it as many tourists were sporting the same tattoo.
Louise said: “We’ve never been to Bali before, so we decided to go with some friends on a week-long holiday. It was really nice, and we were enjoying our time there with the kids.”
“A couple of days into the holiday we did some shopping in town and then thought we’d go to the beach to have a look. While we were there, Logan was approached by a seller offering temporary tattoos. We’d seen people get them done before so didn’t think much of it.”
“He was really happy with it and it was all fine.”
However, after the family flew back home, the tattoo began fading. One day, Logan woke up and said his arm was sore, itchy and burning. The mother took him to the hospital and the doctor gave them a cream to treat the scar.
The doctor said Logan was suffering a chemical burn from the dye. It has been one month but the scar has not healed yet.
The mother is now sharing her story to warn others not to get a temporary tattoo while holidaying in Bali.
She said: “It was very distressing for me. Now I just want to get the word out there and help other parents become aware. My son is quite worried about it. He keeps asking when it is going to get better. It gets hot and itchy at night.”
“I’ve heard they can go away after a few years but sometimes they’ll scar forever. Only time will tell, but hopefully, it will heal up completely.”
Recommended Video For You!
“Three Dot Tattoos Are Popping Up All Over. Cops Now Warn If You See One, Get Far Away Fast”