Boys electrocuted while trying to save dog near California canal:
Video Creadit: Facebook/The Modesto Bee
Two teens electrocuted while saving a dog trapped in a canal.
17-year-old Jake Hourmouzus, Jacob Schnieder and two other teens went out with a dog to ride four-wheelers across farmland and orchards in Dixon, California.
When they were at a canal, the dog fell into the water. Schneider tried to rescue the dog using a nearby metal bridge which was hot. He was electrocuted.
Hourmouzus ran to help his friend – not knowing the bridge was hot – and he was also electrocuted.
The dog survived but the teens lost their lives saving the dog.
“They were electrocuted, and I asked the doctor yesterday if it was instant death and they said they believed so,” Hourmouzus’ mother, Candy Carrillo, said.
“He would have given the shirt off his back. He knew what he wanted and he always went after it.”
“I’m just trying to wrap my hands around my son not ever coming home or saying, ‘Good morning Mama,’ or, ‘I love you,’ or his birthday in May or graduation,’ she added.
“At the same time when he touched that rail, what I understood is that’s where he stayed right there. He could not get off of it” Hourmouzus’ stepfather, Gus Carillo, said.
“So my son decided to jump in there, but not knowing what it was to help his friend and when he touched that also, he got stuck there too.”
“They should do more to prevent it to prevent access on these side roads,” the mother says of the owner of the bridge.
Jacob Schneider’s grandmother, Joy Branco, said: “He was a kind kid, he always thought of the other person. He died doing what he liked doing. Jacob will always be in my heart.”
“The Footage Reveals Car Thief Flying Through The Air As The Vehicle Crashes During Police Chase, And He Ejected From Car”