A quick-thinking teenager has gone viral after saving a stray dog’s life after the animal suffered a heart attack.
The incident occurred in Piranhas, Brazil, where 19-year-old trainee vet Lucas Martins took notice of a dog that collapsed on the street outside his home.
Immediately, Lucas donned his gloves and rushed to the stray’s side before freeing his airway of vomit and rinsing the animal’s mouth with water.
“I was on a break from my online classes when I heard a commotion outside my house. I saw a crowd gathered around a dog that was lying motionless on the floor. No one could work out why it was dying,” the teen explained.
“I grabbed some gloves and ran to help him. I soon realized he had probably eaten something poisonous because something like this happened to my dog before and the symptoms were similar.”
After securing the dog’s airway, the teen rolled the pooch on its back and started performing chest compressions until the dog spurred back to consciousness.
“I realized there and then that I had chosen the right profession. It felt incredible to have brought him back from certain death,” Lucas added after the successful rescue mission.
“Even though it was a very distressing moment and I wasn’t sure if I would succeed, I wasn’t prepared to give up for one second.”
According to the reports, the 19-year-old stayed with the stray dog after it came back from certain death and helped it recover by feeding it activated charcoal to get rid of the toxins.
What are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends and follow us on Facebook for more news and stories!
Recommended Video For You!
Try Not To Laugh Too Hard When You See This Toddler’s Reaction After Kissing His Dog