When a mother tried to wake up her teen son Jack, 19, and he didn’t stir, she thought he was just so exhausted from attending graduation parties.
She looked at him and thought he looked like an angel.
But after a few moments, she discovered that both Jack and another son, 18-year-old Nick, were dead.
The day before Jack and Nick passed away, they attended numerous graduation parties. The teen boys were known in their community for achieving good grades, volunteering and going to church.
Becky Savage went with Jack and Nick to some parties while her husband Mike took their two younger sons, Matthew and Justin, to a lake.
Before Becky left the two, she reminded them to return home at a ‘reasonable hour.’ The teens came back at midnight and said goodnight to their mom.
Nick and some of their friends went to the basement while Jack made his way to his room.
Speaking about that night before her children passed away, Becky said to the Indianapolis Star: “I made eye contact with them. We had a two-story foyer and I remember them coming in and I was looking at them and they headed into the kitchen to make a snack.”
That was the last time she saw her two teen sons alive.
The next day, she tried to wake Jack up as it was time to do his chores. But she noticed that something was wrong as he didn’t move.
“I need your help! Nick! Help!” she screamed as she contacted 911. However, Nick didn’t come and paramedics arrived.
Becky then found out that the boys in the basement were also calling for help for Nick after they found him unresponsive.
“It was just a horrible, horrible morning,” Becky expressed. “That still doesn’t seem real.”
One of Nick’s friends revealed: “They experimented last night… with Oxy.” Someone brought a bottle of Oxycodone to the graduation party.
Becky then begged the paramedics to give her sons Narcan, a medication for treating an opioid overdose. Unfortunately, it was already too late.
A neighbor contacted Mike and told him what happened. Becky informed him that their two boys were gone.
“I often think that I would give up to just have 10 seconds,” Mike expressed. “You’d give everything up for 10 seconds, just 10 seconds.”
Becky now wants to inform other families and teenagers about the dangers of experimenting with prescription drugs so they won’t have to experience the kind of pain she still suffers.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this post with your family and friends!