The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s remaining belongings at former home Frogmore Cottage were removed after the Duke’s recent return.
A source said that the Royal staff has packed away items belonging to the Duke and Duchess after Harry went back to LA.
Staff at Windsor Castle are said to have emptied Harry and Meghan’s living quarters and bedroom.
Prince Harry flew back to Britain at the start of the month for the unveiling of Princess Diana’s statue on July 1 before returning to wife Meghan, children Archie and Lilibet in California.
The couple left the UK residence in 2020 after announcing plans to step back as senior working members of The Firm.
It is not known who ordered it but many of the couple’s belongings, including framed pictures, have been boxed up and left at the nearby castle.
The move has started speculation that Harry and Meghan have no plans to return to Frogmore and will hand back the cottage after their rental deal runs out next April.
Insiders say the possessions will then be shipped to Harry and Meghan’s $15 million mansions in Montecito, California.
Royal sources say it is “impossible to conceive” that the couple will return for next year’s Queen’s Platinum Jubilee after Prince Harry agreed to write a tell-all memoir.
Princess Eugenie with her husband Jack and son August have been living at the residence for months.
“Staff from Windsor Castle were in Frogmore just days after Harry flew back to California after the statue unveiling,” the insider said. “They cleared out his personal possessions such as framed pictures he had left behind in his and Meghan’s old bedroom.”
“Harry had been staying in one end of the cottage, separated from Eugenie and her family,” the insider added. “He stayed in his and Meghan’s old bedroom which was left largely untouched since he was last there.”
Angela Levin, Royal biographer said that ‘Harry’s visits are often short and quick and I am pretty sure he and Meghan could find somewhere else to stay if they need to after April next year.’
It comes as Prince Harry agreed this week to pen a tell-all memoir about life in the Royal Family. The new memoir is part of a lucrative four-book deal, one of which won’t be released until after the Queen has died.
Harry’s wife Meghan will also write a “wellness” guide as part of the contract with Penguin Random House. The subject and author of the fourth title are still unknown.
Sources said that the Duke oversaw the bidding and told publishing houses to begin at $24 million, with the final figure possibly reaching $39 million.
The initial book is due for release by Penguin Random House next year, coinciding with Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
“I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man, I have become,” Harry said in a statement.
“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story – the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned – I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.”
“I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”
At the time of this writing, Buckingham Palace has not commented on the reports.