This is a heartbreaking moment seven people died after consuming hand sanitizer.
According to reports, a group of nine people drank the antiseptic hand wash after they ran out of alcohol at a party in Russia.
Seven people tragically died and two others remain in a coma.
The incident occurred at a party in Tomtor village in Yakutia, Russia. The first three victims were two men aged 27 and 59, and a woman aged 41.
Six others were airlifted to Yakutsk.
But the next day, three more passed away, aged 69, 32, and 28. Another death was reported the following day.
Rospotrebnadzot, the federal public health watchdog, said: “Nine cases of poisoning with sanitizer have been registered, including seven that were fatal.”
The regional state prosecutor also said: “The poisoning took place as a result of drinking sanitizer.”
The group reportedly drank the hand sanitizer, 69% methanol, which had been sold during the coronavirus pandemic.
Authorities and health officials warned people not to drink the antiseptic.
One person commented: “OMG are people that desperate?”
Another wrote: “Good grief. There’s desperate, and then there’s a whole new level of desperate.”
A third added: “When I went to rehab, I could only bring alcohol free mouth wash, they kept my nail polish and nail polish remover locked up, I had to sign it out when I needed it and I could only use them in the common area where they could watch me.
I thought the rules were insane, but apparently some people get desperate enough to ingest them.Some people werent even allowed to shave without supervision… I dont understand that level of addiction and self destruction… It will only get worse in Russia now that winter is on the horizon.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Nurse Films Ghostly Figure In Hospital”