An 18-year-old sausage factory worker has passed away after being sucked head-first into a meat mixing machine.
Local authorities in the Philippines are waiting for autopsy results to determine the exact cause of death of the employee who has been recognized as Jomar Junco.
Junco had only started working with the company in Iloilo city two weeks before the incident.
Police spokesperson Jerwin Servano said that the teen caught his right arm in the machine and was immediately pulled into the meat mixer.
Jomar didn’t how how to operate the machine, which was supposed to be controlled by colleague Carl David Carlos.
According to reports, the accident occurred about 7:30am. Emergency services arrived at around 9 am.
Ardee Porras, a funeral director, said that the teen’s body was still intact when it was taken out of the machine. She believes it may be possible that Junco suffocated in the mixer.
The accident happened when Carlos went away for a moment and Jomar attempted to operate the mixer alone.
When Carlos saw Jomar’s legs sticking out of the mixer, he immediately turned the machine off but it was already too late.
Local authorities believe Junco’s death was an accident as there were no signs of foul play.
“He was not grinded, he was just stuck,” said Police Major Mark Evan Salvo.
The owner of the factory, Jasielor Jaleco, said Junco’s job was only to pack finished products and operating any machinery was not included in his job description.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this post with your family and friends!
“A Woman Got Into An Unfortunate Accident, Was Captured On CCTV Camera On The Train Platform”