Queen Elizabeth announced that she is feeling “far better” and looking forward to hosting the family Christmas party at Sandringham, royal sources have claimed.
After the Queen’s recent health scares, Her Majesty was forced to cancel a number of important engagements. This includes the Remembrance Sunday Service and the COP26 commit in Glasgow.
Prior to this, she had also spent her first night in a hospital in over eight years and had been following doctors’ orders to rest.
Now, royal sources said that the 95-year-old Monarch is preparing to host Christmas at Sandringham, assuring her family that she is feeling “far better”.
‘The Queen has told everyone she is feeling far better of late and is very much looking forward to welcoming them for Christmas,” a royal source told the Mirror.
“Like other families, this will be the first time Her Majesty can gather with her extended family after being kept apart for so long due to the coronavirus pandemic.”
The privately-owned estate in Norfolk, Sandringham has been the venue for the Royal family’s Christmas gathering since 1988.
Moreover, royal sources added that the Queen very much looking forward to the festive family feast on or around December 17th.
According to reports, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children: George, Charlotte, and Louis are also expected to join the Queen in Sandringham.
The Queen’s youngest son, Prince Edward, his wife Sophie, and their children, Louise and James have also confirmed their attendance.
In addition, Princess Royal and her children Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall are also expected to join the family for games, and to exchange gifts at teatime as per tradition.
The invitation to the family event is also expected to have been extended to Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, their husbands, and their babies as well.
The Queen is likely to take a 50-minute helicopter journey to Sandringham around Friday, December 17, Mirror reported.