In the midst of tragedy, it’s difficult to maintain a positive outlook on life.
But, here’s a teenager who will inspire you to fighting bravely in spite of everything.
Two years ago, Kilee was at home alone. What she didn’t know was that there was a gas leak in the house.
So when Kilee lit a candle, it immediately turned into a fireball, burning her body.
Over 45 percent of her body was severely burned, and Kilee had to fight for her life for the next 38 days in the hospital.
Thankfully, Kilee bravely went through multiple surgeries and treatments.
She’s ok now, but Kilee’s body is covered with scars. While it would’ve been completely understandable for her to hide these scars, Kilee made the opposite decision instead.
She wanted to remember and be proud of the moments when she struggled to get her life back.
So, Kilee decided to show them, instead of being embarassed or ashamed of the marks.
And this is why Kilee chose to wear a sleeveless dress to prom. And everyone around her applauded her for this decision. In fact, the students actually voted her as prom queen!
“I never really thought I’d want to be in a dress again. I just didn’t think I’d be comfortable in my own body,” said Kilee in an interview with the Inside Edition.
But then, she decided to think differently. “I felt lucky, because I could have been hurt a lot worse,” said Kilee.
And her boyfriend Dylan, who was with her the entire time she was battling in the hospital, was proud to take her to prom.
“She’s definitely the most beautiful girl here. She’s one of the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen,” said Dylan.
What an incredible teenager – and she looks beautiful in her dress!