Food is food they say, not all food is food though. Have you ever thought of eating pet food, it looks disgusting and well we cannot comment on the taste. To eat pet food can be like a nightmare for many people and this Indian restaurant was going to bring this nightmare to life.
Cafe Marica situated in Perth’s southern suburb of Canning Vale landed into serious trouble when a packet of pet meat was found in the kitchen. They were fined with a whopping amount of $14,000.
The owner Kopikaran Krishnasamy in his defense said that the meat was not served to the guests and thus no fine should be charged.
Another spokesperson told that the chief has a problem in understanding English and thus he didn’t realize that the packet was of pet meat.
They said they only bought their products from trustable and reputed sellers and there is never a chance of any mistake. But a few days ago, someone recommended a new and a nice wholesaler place to the chief to buy the products from.
The packet might have mistakenly entered the kitchen with other packets of meat supplies.
The restaurant owner said the meat was not really petted meat but was put in a bag labeled as pet met just to escape tight regulations. Well, the violation is a violation and they were fined for breaking the simple rules. $12,000 was fined as the basic amount with an additional $1382.30 in costs for keeping and risking the chances of serving pet meat in spite of food.
If you liked this post, share it with your friends and family.