63-year-old Steve Dockerty was left surprised when firefighters arrived at his house at around 3.
45 pm to investigate the source of ablaze.
Watch the parrot who impersonated fire alarm causing firefighters to arrive at his house
[rumble video_id=v44coj domain_id=u7nb2]
It turned out that Steve’s 17-year-old African grey parrot named Jazz impersonated the smoke alarm and caused firefighters to rush to Steve’s house on Windsor Close, in Daventry, Northamptonshire.
After Jazz impersonated the smoke alarm, the staff at the alarm company alerted Northampton Fire and Rescue Service who rushed to Steve’s house on Windsor Close, in Daventry, Northamptonshire.
Steve, who is a retired steel erector, said he adopted Jazz 12 months ago because his other parrot Kiki needed a company.
He said: “Every time the alarm goes off I get a call from the wardens and sometimes it goes off for no good reason. This time they asked me if everything was ok and I said it was but they could hear Jazz in the background and called the fire service as a precaution.”
“The fire crew came around about 3.45 pm on Wednesday (14/11) and were a bit confused, to say the least. Then we heard the noise coming from Jazz and that’s how we figured it out it must have been him.”
“He’s a cheeky sod and likes to imitate things. He imitated the smoke alarm so well that they called the fire brigade. All the while, Jazz was sitting in his cage laughing his socks offs.”
Steve said his parrot is very good at impersonating but it was the first time he impersonated a fire alarm.
He says Jazz does everything to get his attention and there is something new with him every day.
He said: “They’ll be getting me in more mischief sometime in the near future, that’s for sure.”
Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Watch Commander, Norman James, said when they arrived at the property they could still hear the fire alarm.
That’s when they came to know that it was the pet parrot who impersonated the smoke alarm.
He said: “It certainly made the crew smile and although it was a false alarm because there was no actual fire we were thankful that the householder and his two parrots were safe.”
[rumble video_id=vexxm domain_id=u7nb2]