Parents have pleaded with people to take the coronavirus pandemic seriously after suspecting that their 1-year-old baby has contracted the killer bug.
As England-based Jessie and Joe Mitchell revealed, they were left with no option but to have their baby examined after he developed a fever with the temperature soaring over 39°C (102.2°F).
Speaking of their son’s condition, the parents admitted they initially thought he was teething. After a visit to the doctor, however, they were confronted with the news that Perran could be suffering from COVID-19.
After the visit to the hospital, the entire family has self-isolated as any one of them could carry the virus provided that the baby has it.
Following their self-isolation, Joe took to social media to urge people to take the pandemic seriously to prevent the spreading of the virus.
“The beaches in Cornwall were packed today, the streets and shops are full of people buying stuff they do not need,” he wrote in his post.
“COVID19 is a serious threat to the lives of thousands of people. Perry has been so ill today and our family are now in isolation for 14 days, minimum (…) Get indoors – nothing is more important than your health and that of your family.”
As the boy’s mother, Jessie, explained, the family has been in shock because they’ve always thought that they would be the ones to get sick and not their little boy.
“He has been really poorly. People are still not understanding the severity of what we are in and you still see some being selfish,” she said.
“We have been quite shocked. We assumed we would get it and not him. I just urge everyone to follow the guidelines. Anyone can get it – young or old.”
What are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends and follow us on Facebook for more news and stories!