A pet owner has spoken of her heartbreak after vets accidentally put down her cat instead of giving it a vaccine.
Michelle Olson from Texas took 8-year-old Sophie to Suburbia North Animal Hospital where the feline was scheduled to get her vaccination.
Unfortunately, vets accidentally gave Sophie the wrong injection and she passed away.
In an interview with ABC 13, Ms. Olson said: “Every time I close my eyes, I see that look on her face and I just can’t get it out of my head.”
Ms. Olson and her husband was on their way home when they received a heartbreaking call from the vet.
“It was the doctor herself calling saying, ‘Please get Sophie back here immediately, we gave her euthanasia instead of a rabies vaccine,” she said.
“I immediately took her out of her cat carrier and I held her, talked to her, because I knew that was going to be the last thing she would remember. I knew she wasn’t going to come back at that point. I just knew it.
“She pretty much was dying in my arms.”
Vets tried their best to save Sophie’s life but she passed away.
“They’re very sorry, that’s all they can say really. It was an accident, I get that, but it was an accident that should’ve never happened,” Ms. Olson expressed.
“My main concern is not to bash them at all, just want to make public aware to be vigilant, ask questions that you didn’t think you had to ask of your veterinarian so this doesn’t happen to anyone else.”
This is not the first story of a pet dying before their time. In 2019, a woman had her furry companion put down so they could be buried together.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this post with your family and friends!