A mother couldn’t believe her ‘luck’ when she was preparing breakfast for her children as one of the eggs was completely pink.
Berena Sarangdhar screamed when one of the egg whites turned out to be bright pink so she decided to take a photo of her discovery and post it online.
But internet users immediately warned the mother not to eat the pink egg, according to Herts Live.
After doing some research, Beena discovered that the egg white had turned pink because of harmful bacteria that can result in serious illness in humans.
“I fancied some egg yesterday and cracked open the egg in the frying pan as normal,” she said.
“Then as it fell into the pan I screamed as I have never seen a pink egg before.
“The kids came running to see what had happened and their reaction was typical, (they went) ‘errrr.’”
Beena said that the other eggs were normal and that it was her first time to see a pink egg.
“I then cracked the other two eggs from the same box but they were normal,” she continued.
“It was really weird because they were in date and just the last few left. Bought them from the local Asda in Watford.
“It did put me off for a second but after that everyone fancied some egg on toast!”
According to the US Department of Agriculture, a clear egg white means that the egg is ageing, and a cloudy egg white indicates that the egg is very fresh.
However, pearly or pink egg whites mean spoilage due to Pseudomonas bacteria, which can lead ot swelling, headaches, and even pneumonia.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!