One couple is sharing their utter heartbreak after being left speechless when their own wedding ceremony proved to be a death trap for loved ones and guests.
The bride and groom were deeply affected by a wedding fire that suddenly arose and engulfed the entire venue, causing many to become trapped and killed while others were burned and some were crushed in the stamp that arose due to panic.
The horrifying incident took place in Iraq this week and now more details are being revealed about how the couple is doing, during their tragic mourning phase.
Sources from local media outlets were quick to report how the bride is so numb that she can’t talk while the groom is said to be dead on the inside. The couple reportedly lost 15 relatives in the massive blaze that tore through their whole wedding hall.
This happened to be located near the Iraqi city of Mosul on Tuesday.
The couple shed tears as they recalled how their happiest day turned out to be the darkest day of their life as more guests were currently fighting for their lives inside the hospital’s critical care unit.
Investigations into the incident revealed how the wedding blaze arose due to indoor fireworks. And while speaking to Sky News, details explained how it all began on the ceiling, causing it to collapse and absolute mayhem to follow.
Officials also failed to rule out a short circuit as one of the reasons for the blaze as more investigations into the harrowing event are currently in place.
Witnesses claim they could feel sudden heat and crackling, right before a huge blaze arose. Everything was made from nylon so it quickly started to melt and within seconds, the power cut, and people began to flee for their lives.
The wife reportedly got stuck due to the length of her wedding dress but her husband was quick to break her free from it and rescue her. He grabbed her and dragged her out of the massive blaze.