Taking care of babies is never an easy ordeal and this next story is proof of just that.
A devastated mother is shedding light on how her one mistake led to the most grievous consequences that her child now has to face while growing up.
Therefore, she’s now shedding light on the topic and issuing a warning regarding the matter so that others don’t have to go through the pain and heartbreak that she ended up facing.
In the world of medicine, it’s believed that sometimes the greater precautions you take when handling kids and your pregnancies, the better it is for your kids. And this mother of two who also happens to be a medical nurse is shedding light on a mistake that led to her second child being disabled.
Melissa Howard says her second child named Huey was diagnosed with CMV and while in the majority of conditions, it’s deemed to be harmless, there are chances of causing great damage in other circumstances.
Therefore, she’s claiming the fatal mistake she did while pregnant with her unborn child led to drastic consequences in the end. “I don’t wish this on anyone. But it’s important I raise awareness”- she continued.
The 38-year-old nurse who hails from Western Australia explained how she must have contracted the virus while she was kissing her toddler son or sharing his food while she happened to be pregnant.
This virus is said to pass easily through body fluids like saliva and usually has little to very mild or no symptoms at all. And that’s the dangerous part as it goes unnoticed for a long period of time.
And while it’s totally harmless for normal people, it’s a huge threat to those that are pregnant and can result in severe disabilities when the child is born including deafness and cerebral palsy.