Matthew Perry’s cause of death has finally been revealed, two months after the star’s tragic passing away.
The news had the world stunned as it was confirmed in the past that the star died due to accidental drowning. Now, the picture is different as confirmed by the coroner’s office recently.
The reports indicated how the star’s system included a huge amount of ketamine that resulted in the tragic consequences of his system malfunctioning.
Meanwhile, other reports had to do with how the levels were so significant that it’s worrying to even begin to think what the star was taking that led to such an uprising.
The ketamine discovered was said to be consistent with that observed in patients undergoing surgery in general anesthesia, hence it’s worrying to imagine why that significant amount was seen inside of him.
The Friends star was found inside his hot tub two months ago at his mansion in Los Angeles. And it’s just so tragic as he died after releasing his tell-all memoir where he talked in detail about his drug addictions and his battle with alcohol.
But the star reportedly ‘went clean’ long before his death and was working on a mission to help others going through such life challenges overcome the obstacles that he had once faced and hence was familiar with.
The autopsy results listed ketamine at the top of the list of reasons why he died. The drug ended up causing cardiovascular overstimulation as well as respiratory depression, the source went on to add.
A whole list of contributing factors included his coronary artery design, drowning, and buprenorphine which is used to treat disorders linked to opioid use, the report explained.
While the manner of death was added to be accidental, many fans and friends felt he could have been saved, provided he was not alone at the time.