With Easter just around the corner, Kinder’s famous chocolate egg seems to be a popular favorite but one family is warning others about its fatal health hazards.
Charlotte Wingfield who hails from the United Kingdom shared heartbreaking images of her young child who contracted the worst form of Salmonella from the chocolate.
The victim named Brooklyn-Mai suffered the most severe salmonella infection that left her parents terrified and worried about her health.
“It was awful seeing her suffer so much after eating her favorite egg surprise. This was her absolute favorite and we had no idea that it would one day be responsible for her condition”- the heartbroken mother explained.
The little girl is said to have suffered chills and a fever that went all the way up to 39 degrees centigrade, as recently reported by Hull Live.
Putting her daughter’s health on display for others on Facebook, the mother opened up about how little Brooklyn-Mai has never been so sick in her life.
At first, the mother felt she had just picked up a tummy bug but after seeing how her daughter slept for nearly 21 of the 24 hours, she knew there was definitely something wrong with her health.
“She just kept falling back to sleep, every time I tried to wake her up. It was very unusual for someone like her”- the mother stated.
The child’s condition stayed like this for three days, when doctors diagnosed her with salmonella from the egg that she had eaten last Sunday.
“My child has been completely dead behind the eyes. She is so lifeless all of the time. I don’t know what to make of it. My adventurous and super active baby girl is so drowsy”- she continued.
For this reason, the mother is sharing her story to make other parents aware that the popular chocolate snack isn’t fit for consumption.
Surprisingly, the news comes just a week after Kinder issued their own warnings against their products, adding how they were investigating the matter while ordering their chocolate factory to shut down in Belgium.