A nightmare came true for one couple when a huge fire ripped through their wedding ceremony.
According to reports from local media outlets, the distraught couple was said to be dead on the inside as they tried to give details about the harrowing event.
The incident that arose in Iraq killed more than 100 wedding guests who arrived to celebrate the couple. But little did anyone realize that a devastating blaze would cause doom during that evening.
The 18-year-old bride named Haneen says she lost ten members of her own family including her mom and her dad. She is said to be numb with grief while her husband Revan lost 15 relatives.
The tragedy struck last week on Tuesday in the country’s Nineveh province that’s located in the northern part of the country.
“We are dead on the inside, we are numb, we are dead”- the distraught groom kept on mentioning while trying to give an interview for media outlets. He added how this was supposed to be a night of celebration, togetherness, and happiness.
But it turned out to be nothing but grief and sadness and a disaster that no one could ever imagine.
Revan also explained how his bride could not speak after the tragedy where 150 people were injured by the flames. Meanwhile, the choking smoke got others and then some were crushed to death while trying to flee the venue in panic and fear as a giant blaze engulfed the entire reception hall.
Officials who took part in the investigation of the event claim the culprit to be indoor fireworks that led to the huge blaze which was followed up closely by a panicked stampede where people ran toward the exits.
Footage from the event showed a total of 900 guests seated at the venue and having a great time when all of a sudden, a sudden blaze emerged from the ceiling, followed by debris falling down.