One family’s fun Easter holiday suddenly took a bittersweet turn after an 8-year-old girl was rushed to the hospital on an emergency basis after being bitten by a snake.
According to local media reports, the eight-year-old girl had put her hand near the poisonous adder and before she knew it, the animal brutally bit her.
The family was said to be celebrating their Easter holiday in the West Midlands but little did they know that they were entering into dangerous territory that appeared like a beauty spot.
“We rushed my baby to the nearest hospital. Her hand was swollen and doctors claim it was full of poisonous venom. She has now been admitted and given two I/V drips for her treatment but we are all praying as this is a critical time period.
Sources revealed how more than 100 citizens are bitter every year in the same location by poisonous adders but thankfully, no one has passed away. The exact location was identified by sources as being located near her residence in Birmingham.
Her parents revealed how the 8-year-old was located near her during the attack. She suddenly spotted the adder and decided to stick her hand out at it. And within a span of seconds, the UK’s only poison venom-filled snake was able to attack her, landing her straight in the hospital.
According to statistics, these snakes usually show up during the months of April and May, as that is their time to breed.
Experts believe to help avoid such attacks in the future, it’s best to know how you can spot one by identifying a series of characteristic features. This includes its small and stock appearance. Similarly, the reptile prefers the woodland and moorland areas so you’ll find the majority of them over there.
Their characteristic pattern is a zig-zag that continues down their back. Meanwhile, you’ll find male ones in grey and females having a more reddish-brown appearance.