Amber Heard finally admitted she didn’t honor her multi-million pledge to ACLU.
Following her 2016 divorce from Johnny Depp, Heard pledged to donate $3.5 million – half of the dollars she had received in her divorce settlement – to the American Civil Liberties Union.
The court previously heard that the actress has so far only paid $1.3 million of her $3.5 million pledge that she made six years ago. A large part of the donation was reportedly paid for by Elon Musk.
The court last month also heard that the actress hasn’t made any donations since her $350,000 contribution in 2018.
“We reached out to Miss Heard starting in 2019 for the next installment of her giving and we learned she was having financial difficulties,” ACLU Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel Terence Dougherty said.
It wasn’t until now, however, that Amber finally admitted to failing to deliver on her promises.
As the actress suggested on Monday, she fully intends to honor her pledges. She then went on to put the blame on her ex-husband saying she couldn’t complete the donation pledged to ACLU “because Johnny sued me for $50million in March of 2019.”
“I fully intend to honor all of my pledges. I would love for him to stop suing me so I can,” Heard said.
The actress’s recent statement is in contradiction with her previous comments – including the statement she made in UK High Court while under oath – in which she claimed she had donated the entire settlement.
“$7million in total was donated – I split it between the ACLU and the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. I wanted nothing,” Heard said on RTL Late Night talk show in 2018.
In Depp’s 2020 libel case in the UK, the actress also testified that the entire settlement had already been donated to charity.
What are your thoughts on this matter? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends. For more news and stories, follow us on Facebook!