A teen girl in Utah said she would never again touch a vape after she almost died of serious lung illness.
The 18-year old said that she used to vape a lot of e-cigarettes every day for the last three years. Maddie Nelson from Utah used to be a heavy vaper along with her several high school classmates.
Maddie told Fox 13 that she thought to vape was completely fine. She used to do all sorts of tricks and use different kinds of products. She said she used to buy different products from difference vape shops across Utah County.
In July, Maddie started to experience nausea, chest pain, and vomiting. On July 27th, she began to experience severe kidney and back pain and was also running a high fever.
She was immediately taken to the hospital in Payson. Her brothers wrote on a GoFundMe page in order to get support for her medical expenses.
Her siblings continued by saying that her symptoms got worse in no time, and soon, she struggled to breathe. Nelson, her brother, said that she was barely conscious when he was taking her to the hospital.
Maddie told Fox 13 that she was experiencing such a high temperature that her brain was completely shut off. She thought she was in the hospital for one night, but in reality, she was there for four nights.
Nelson was transferred to another hospital in Utah, where she continued to struggle. Her x-rays showed severe lung damage after that her family elected to put her in a medically induced coma.
Her brothers said that they were scared that they might not be able to talk to their sisters every again. Post several tests; doctors confirmed that Nelson was suffering from acute eosinophilic pneumonia, rare lung disease.
Nelson informed Fox 13 that her lung was collecting fat particles that were related to the glycerin in vape juice. Her lungs were filled with fluid, and the doctor said her x-rays showed some of the worst damages they have witnessed.
Share this post with your friends and family.
“Pranked Woman For Drinking Under Influence Gets Marriage Proposal”
[rumble video_id=v1a4jh domain_id=u7nb2]
Don’t forget to ▼LIKE US▼ for more inspirational stories :)