WARNING: Disturbing Pictures
A mother, from Grimsby, North Lincolnshire, has issued a warning after her son developed life-threatening herpes from a kiss.
Demi Boswell’s one-year-old son, Cohen, was rushed to a hospital after a kiss made him ill with the herpes simplex virus and left him covered in a rash.
The herpes simplex virus is proved to be fatal to babies.
Thankfully, Cohen is recovering but not every child survives after developing the virus.
Demi has now issued a warning about the virus to parents and urged them not to kiss their babies after her baby nearly died from the virus.
Sharing the pictures of her baby, Demi wrote on Facebook: “People might not want to see these photos but I think it’s important I show them.”
“Cohen got blue lighted to hospital with doctors already waiting to take him in.”
The mother revealed Cohen got the herpes virus from people kissing and touching him who have cold sores.
She urged everyone not to kiss or touch babies without washing their hands.
The mother told that her baby is not 100 percent well yet but he’s better than before.
The mother wrote: “Even if you can’t see a cold sore it could be underlying so you have no idea you have one. I kiss my boy on the lips every day all day but this has definitely opened my eyes now.”
Last year, a father lost his three-weeks-old baby girl after catching the deadly herpes simplex virus.
Jeff, from Phoenix, Arizona, also issued a warning after losing his little girl, Mallory Gober, who was born healthy.
The father warned everyone to wash their hands before touching or kissing a baby.
He shared an emotional message as he wrote: “If you have a new baby, or will be around a new baby, wash your hands. A lot.”
“Please, if you’re reading this, be extra diligent about washing your hands around newborns”, the father urged.
Thankfully, in Cohen’s case, he survived after catching the deadly virus and his mother has now warned everyone about the deadly virus.
Recommended Video For You!
“Mom Cuddles Her Premature Baby For The First Time”