A 40-year-old mother has revealed how her 13-year-old son was killed by ‘Donkey Kong’ MDMA he bought on Snapchat.
Carson Price, who bought the ‘Donkey Kong’ MDMA for a few pounds on Snapchat, went to meet his friends before his death.
His mother, Tatum, told around 8 p.m., police knocked on her door and her husband Brian opened the door.
She told the Sun: “Brian answered the door, I was in the kitchen pottering. They said, ‘Are you Carson Price’s dad?’ I heard him say, ‘What’s he done?!’, thinking it was something ridiculous.”
The parents were told a passerby spotted Carson in a Caerphilly park with a group of friends in Wales and rushed them to a hospital.
Tatum said: “At that point you don’t want to believe it. I remember I couldn’t catch my breath. We did ask for an update on the way to hospital, which we didn’t get.”
Hours later, he died at the hospital.
Tatum is now warning other parents by sharing her son’s heartbreaking story.
Tatum’s mother says she had never expected this and it could happen to anyone as buying drugs are now ‘as easy to buy as pizza’ in some parts of the UK.
Tatum said we need to educate children who think they will be OK if they take drugs.
Tatum said: “We are normal parents. And for us that’s why it has hit home so much because it can happen to a normal family.”
“There’s always going to be naive children out there that are going to think ‘I’ll be OK if I take it’ and we need to educate them that that’s not going to happen”, she added.
Now, drugs are available almost anywhere and social media plays an important role in attracting youngsters into the drugs market.
Carson’s story is a lesson for all parents and youngsters.
[rumble video_id=v4xpqz domain_id=u7nb2]