A mother, who lost her daughter after she choked to death on a Cadbury’s mini egg, has issued a warning for parents.
The anonymous mother shared her heartbreaking story on the parenting website mumsadvice. She has urged parents to be very careful if they give their children Cadbury’s mini eggs.
Though the choking hazard is printed on the back of Cadbury’s Mini Eggs, we often overlook these warnings.
The mother wrote on the website last year:
“With Easter coming up, I want to warn you all about another deadly choking hazard, one that tragically took away my child.”
“It has been just short of three years since my precious little girl Sophie passed away.”
“She had choked on a Mini Egg and I was unable to dislodge it, even with back slaps and pushing up under her ribs.”
“I watched the light slip away from my baby’s eyes, I tried in vain to save her.”
The choking hazard, which is printed on the back of Cadbury’s Mini Eggs, states the chocolates are “not suitable for children under four”.
Sophie was five years old but still, she choked on the Cadbury’s mini egg and passed away.
The mother added: “If your children enjoy these chocolate treats, please watch them extra close and remind them to sit down whilst eating them or avoid them altogether.”
A spokesman of Cadbury told Fabulous: “The safety of our customers is of the utmost importance to us and we ensure that all our Cadbury Mini Eggs packaging very clearly carries the following warning: Choking Hazard: This product is Not suitable for children under 4.”
“Two Local Police Officers help Elderly Lady Finish Her Shopping After Suffering a Bad Blow to the Head”