A mother issued a warning after her 5-year-old daughter passed away because of Cadbury’s Mini Egg.
She also highlighted the warning on the back of the packaging.
The mother shared her heartbreaking story on Mumsadvice website and urges parents to be more careful about giving young children chocolate treats, especially around Easter period.
“With Easter coming up, I want to warn you all about another deadly choking hazard, one that tragically took away my child,” she wrote.
“It has been just short of three years since my precious little girl Sophie passed away.
“She had choked on a Mini Egg and I was unable to dislodge it, even with back slaps and pushing up under her ribs.”
The mother said she “had done a first aid course only six months prior” to the devastating incident. Unfortunately, even “all the techniques to help a choking child” couldn’t save her little girl.
“I watched the light slip away from my baby’s eyes, I tried in vain to save her,” she added.
Even though every pack of Cadbury’s Mini Eggs has a choking hazard warning “not suitable for children under four,” little Sophie was 5 when she died.
Another mother wrote on Facebook: “The choking chocolate eggs!!! Many parents are now aware of the dangers of grapes and cut them in half. Many parents are now aware of the dangers of grapes and cut them in half.
“Many parents don’t even see these chocolate treats as a danger but they are and mustn’t be given to children under 4!
“I cringe every time I see little ones munching on these delicious treats.
“They are hard and the perfect shape to get lodged in a child’s throat…. if this post saves a little one from a terrible accident then it’s worth me posting. My children are often bought these at Easter but sorry boys mummy has to eat these.
“Please share and help raise awareness of the danger of these eggs to our little ones xx.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this post with your family and friends!
Recommended Video For You!
“Three Kids Walk Out With Huge Paper Hats, Will Have You In Stitches”