A mother from Texas has suffered horrific burns all over her body after a bottle of hand sanitizer made contact with fire and exploded while she was lighting a candle.
Kate Wise said she had applied some sanitizer on her hands before lighting a candle at her home.
But when she accidentally burned her hand, she hopped back and hit the bottle of sanitizer, which exploded like a ‘bomb.’
In an interview with KHOU11, Wise said: “Because of the hand sanitizer, it just lit my whole … everywhere I had hand sanitizer on my hand, it just lit my hand with fire.”
The single mother-of-three suffered second- and third-degree burns to several parts of her body, including her hands, legs, feet, and entire face.
She told CBS Austin: “This is a pain that I can’t even explain it. It’s literally your whole body, like your whole being, your nerves, muscles, it’s everything. Absolutely everything,”
Despite her injuries, Wise managed to carry their family dog and 14-year-old daughter, who is disabled, out of the house.
“It’s something that you never want your kids to see,” she expressed.
According to a GoFundMe page set up by her best friend Kathryn Bonesteel, Wise has lost most of her furniture and belongings to the fire.
“She’s lost her home, her kids are traumatized and she needs major reconstructive surgery,” she wrote.
Bonesteel added: “COVID-19 has brought many unsafe products to our shelves. Many of which have not been properly tested and are not safe. Be careful of what you put on your body. Make sure what you are using is FDA approved.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Modern Caveman: Man Builds A $230,000 House In 700-Year-Old Cave”