A heartbreaking moment shows a monkey trying to revive his dead friend who was electrocuted while hiking a power line.
The footage that went viral shows the monkey trying to perform CPR on his dead friend. The incident took place in a small town of Khargone in Madhya Pradesh, India.
The monkey was killed after it came in contact with an exposed electric wire. The monkey fell on the ground the moment it touched the bare wire.
Scroll down to watch the video
The desperate friend, despite the hopelessness, continued with the chest compressions performing CPR before attempting to shake his friend back to life.
Video credit: News Lions
One of the locals said that the monkey was clambering on the electric pole when it was electrocuted. His friend was trying to wake up the dead money. It also tried breathing into the lifeless monkey but couldn’t succeed.
He said that the villagers performed the last rites as per the Hindu customs before burying the body of the dead monkey. He said that dozens of monkeys gathered and the people could feel their pain of losing a loved one.
In India, monkeys are considered holy animals as they are an avatar of Lord Hanuman – the God of Strength. The villagers buried the money even after following the Hindu customs as animals are generally buried and not cremated.
If you liked this post, share it with your friends and family.
“Recommended Video –’Police Dog ‘Saves’ The Life Of His Trainer Who Was Faking His Death- Performs CPR Like A Master”