A young boy was taken to the hospital when he contracted a flesh-eating bacterium at a Maryland beach.
The kid’s mother, Brittany Carrey shared two images that showed the part of the leg where the bacteria started eating his flesh in three places.
Carey claimed in a Facebook post that her parents took her son out on a beach day off the coast of Ocean City. She added that he had a great time swimming until the next day when she began to notice certain little spots developing all over his body.
She said that there were open wounds developing but she had thought that he was scratching them, worsening them. When she picked him up later, she found that they were a lot more and a lot bigger.
Carey then rushed her son to Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury, Maryland, where the doctors told her that he got a common ocean bacterium known as Vibrio. The bacteria can also be spotted in contaminated, raw seafood.
Carey explained that her Facebook post was a warning for other parents. She asked people to be careful when they start seeing wounds like the ones she posted to get somewhere fast.
Carey later told that her son’s pediatrician was glad that he was healing.
A new study has suggested that within the past few months, dozens of people have contracted the flesh-eating bacteria since climate change augments the spread of the feared bugs in the oceans that once used to be safe.
In 2016, 41 confirmed cases of Vibrio were there. However, the number rose to 87 the previous year.
Share this post with your friends and family:)