As a parent, you surely never want to see your child in pain, despite it being a part of everyone’s life.
Moreover, you want to make sure you only buy what’s best for them to make them happy.
As Kylie and Tony figured out the hard way, however, not everything stores sell is as innocent as it should be.
When the couple visited a Family Dollar store, they bought their 3-year-old a child’s makeup kit that she desperately wanted to have.
After using the makeup, 3-year-old Lydia suffered a severe allergic reaction that left her hospitalized for days. As the couple from Georgetown, Illinois, found out, the makeup kit advertised for children contained 6 dangerous chemicals.
To pass the warning onto other parents, they contacted Love What Matters and urged other parents to stay away from fishy products regardless of how safe they may seem.
The mother also shared the incident on Facebook where she wrote:
“I’m making this post because I feel like it is very important to remind parents to be very careful about what we allow our children to have. For Tony and I this was definitely an eye-opener, and we will be more cautious about acknowledging ingredients and educating ourselves on what is good and bad before purchasing from here on out.
“About 8 days ago we bought this makeup set from the Family Dollar here in town.. Thinking it was harmless ..non toxic .. kids make up set and having bought Lydia this same type of thing .. just different brand …we never imagined after spending the day applying to her eyes and lips that our worst nightmare would come true..”
After being hospitalized, Lydia had to stay at the hospital for monitoring for several days. She also couldn’t eat and had to be treated for over a week.
“There are six different chemicals in this makeup that are commonly known to cause an allergic reaction. Lydia unfortunately was one of those people allergic, and for the past week, she has been going through a severe allergic reaction SO SEVERE she had to be admitted to Carle pediatrics in Champaign.
“In 24 hours, our little girl went from 100% healthy to having her eyes swollen and blistered shut with a rash all over her body, that we would have to apply cold packs to every 30 minutes or so because her skin was burning. She was unable to eat much for days because of the blistering and cracking of her lip.”
Please SHARE this post with your family and friends on Facebook to warn them about the potential dangers of such products!
“The Moment When Little Boy Confess His Mom That He Got His Girlfriend Pregnant”