Drugs are so dangerous, hopefully, this story will open the eyes of others.
The heartbroken family of a schoolgirl who died after a drug overdose has shared the photos of her daughter’s final moment battling with this dangerous addiction as a means of warning others who might be thinking of taking on drugs in life.
Shakira Pellow was very near to celebrate her 16th birthday, and it is believed that she took a blue tales known as ‘Duplo’ before she suddenly collapsed.
Rita Hole, who is a mother of the deceased girl, and her partner Lee Butcher live in Camborne in Cornwall. They said that they decided to share her daughter’s pictures to make everyone aware of the dangers posed by illicit drugs.
When they took the photo, they believed that she would pull through. Sadly though, she never did.
Lee said, “The picture is awful, and we had to discuss whether to release it. However, we wanted to show teenagers what would happen to them if they continue taking these drugs. Shakira won’t come back from this. This was her life and now, it’s gone. It could easily be anybody”
Three other 15-year-olds were taken to the hospital, but, they were lucky that they survived.
Shakira had been out with some of her friends, and she was listening to music in the garden, they all went down to a park, and it is believed that they took the drugs there.
The family spent the whole night in the hospital, and Lee had taken the photograph in the hopes that she would survive.
“I honestly thought she’d make it. Wanted to show it to her when she woke up. We never expected it to get to this point, but here we are,” Lee said. “This picture will stand in her honor and also help warn others. We’ll urge anyone with these drugs to hand them to the police and tell them where they got it.
After her death, Shakira’s family released the following statement:
“As the family of Shakira Louise Pellow, we are incredibly saddened by the news of her demise. Shakira was a young, bubbly girl who had her entire life ahead of her. We are devastated about it at this time, and our hearts are broken”.
Police are investigating to determine their content.
A spokeswoman for the drugs charity Addaction said that they had no idea about Duplo before the incident, and they didn’t know the content of the drug.
She said, “We are not aware of what it is until we got the tests from the police. It is an unknown substance, and we’ve not heard of it. There is usually a core substance in these tablets, and this will help us know what they thought they bought”.
“Drunk Driver Wakes Up From 10 Year Coma. Mortified When The Doctor Tells Him It’s All A Lie”
[rumble video_id=v3dlhs domain_id=u7nb2]