Check out the video of Megan talking about the reaction caused by hair dye.
Video credit: This Morning
Megan Barton-Hanson shared her experience of an allergic reaction to hair dye as her face swelled up and she could barely open her eyes.
The 25-year-old star revealed that she already had two treatments to transform her from platinum blonde to dark brown.
She raised awareness about the dangers of hair dye as she joined John Barrowman and Rochelle Humes on ‘This Morning’ show.”
Megan said: “By 8 o’clock I had a sore throat and my face started to swell and I just thought ‘maybe I’m just getting ill or run down’, so I got an early night. I woke up at 12 and my hands were really chubby and my face was really swollen and tight.”
“I woke up again at 5 and literally, I could barely open my eyes it was so bad.”
“I called my mum and asked what can I do.”
“I said I can’t just walk in A&E if people see me this will be everywhere and we all know how much trolling I’ve had from my before and after surgery pictures.”
“I thought, this is all I need now, me with a massive moon head!”
She told about her mother’s reaction.
“She walked in and burst out crying,” said Megan.
“My head was so heavy and tight I was leaning my head and [the doctor] was like ‘move your hand’, and she was like ‘we need to call an ambulance’.
“At that point, I was crying myself.”
“Does that bare anything similar to how it was with you?” asked Rochelle.
Megan replied: “Yeah but both eyes were swollen, I couldn’t see a thing.”
As another image popped up, showing another girl with an even more swollen face, Megan said: “That was more me.”
She revealed: “Even the Uber driver was scared, he was like ‘what’s happened to your face?’. I tried to cover it with a scarf and he was like ‘what the h***’s happened to your face?’.”
Meghan was not aware of the allergic reaction caused by a brown hair dye as she had no idea that it would make her seriously ill.
A source said: “The night after having her hair dyed Megan started to feel unwell – she had an itchy throat and her eyes started to swell up.
“But the following morning she felt like she couldn’t breathe and her face had swollen beyond recognition. Megan was terrified.
“She was given treatment by her doctor but when it failed to help she was taken to hospital by ambulance. It was a really worrying time.”
Meghan thought that it could have been an allergy to nuts or shellfish but later she got to know it was the hair dye that had been used on her that caused to her falling ill.
The insider added: “Megan admitted afterwards she was terrified when she first became ill because she had no idea what was happening to her. It was really scary and worrying time for everyone.”
“Woman Is Tired Of Hiding Her Grey. A Simple Hair Cut Gives Her Completely New Look”