You think you will find your favorite burgers and meals at the McDonalds store near you, but researchers have found something that you will never wish to come around in not just one but in 8 outlets of McDonald’s.
Coliform is a substance that is found in human feces and so now you can take a guess how contaminated it will be. The bad news here is that the same substance was found on the touchscreen ordering pads in McDonald’s and this is definitely not impressive.
McDonald’s says they always look forward to serving their customers with best and for the same, they have installed these screens. Ordering on a touchscreen is convenient and fun for the diners. But the same is now a danger too. The least you expect out of the restaurant is the hygiene of food.
As researchers carried the research out, they found that the screens are installed in almost all the outlets of the food chain around the UK. 8 restaurants were checked and the screens of the same were covered in coliform which is found in human feces. Six of these stores were located in London city and two were in Birmingham.
Paul Matawele, the senior lecturer in microbiology at the London University said “These bacterias are stubborn and they do not die on their own. These can be on the touchscreen for infinite days. I believe that the screens were cleaned regularly with water and a cloth but that is not effective enough to remove coliform.”
The investigation of the mater was conducted by the London University School of Human Science.
Paul adds “All of us were surprised to see the amount of fecal and gut bacteria on the screen. The bacteria is responsible to spread the diseases and infections that people generally get from hospitals.”
The investigators found the traces of the bacteria from the sample they picked up from all the stores. They were surprised to see the same on the food ordering screen. They were worried as the bacteria was contagious and could easily make people fall sick with blood poisoning and infections and toxic shock syndrome.
The next time you go to a McDonalds, make sure you carry a sanitizer with you or better, don’t use the screen. You will be safe then. Have a happy meal.
Share this post with friends and family:)