Donald Trump is to be the first U.
S. president to address the March for Rally as he announced his attendance to the National Mall this coming Friday.
He is to speak to the pro-life movement as an effort to get the approval of religious voters for the November election.
He will need the said voting base as he fights the impeachment charges against him.
He will be speaking a few blocks away from the U.S. Capitol, where charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress against him are being held.
The president posted on Twitter about his speech while he is on his way back from the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
The president sent a recorded video message to the march last year, and he will be there in person this year, while Vice President Mike Pence made an unannounced speech last year.
March for Life president Jeanne Mancini said in her statement that they deeply honor and praise Trump and his administration as “consistent champions for life.”Source: Getty Images
She also expressed the group’s excitement, as he will be the first president to attend and address the said event.
She would like the president to see how passionate they are about protecting life and the unborn.
Trump’s participation was announced on the 47th anniversary of Roe versus Wade, the Supreme Court case with sparked the legalization of abortion in the United States.
The pro-life movement were having doubts about Trump at the start of his presidential bid but has now accepted him.
The president got the group’s approval by appointing conservative judges who had restricted abortion rights in the past.
He also met with religious leaders who support the pro-life movement.
Trump showed his support last year for a teenager who sued the Washington Post for defamation.
Nick Sandmann, who was 16 at that time, was wearing a red “Make America Great Again” hat allegedly harassed and pushed a Native American activist during the march.