A man named Bill Morris lost his house to a bushfire in Colo Heights and three weeks later his partner of 30 years died of cancer.
The 62-year-old father three was evacuated from his home in Colo Heights in New South Wales’ Hawkesbury region. On Friday night, the bushfire ripped through the area.
Morris and his partner Elaine shared the home for more than three decades but unfortunately, she died in late October after battling with ovarian cancer.
Mr. Morris had been sharing the house with one of his sons. Family friend Kylie Kinnish told Daily Mail Australia Mr. Morris’ son had been fighting the fire that burnt down the house.
‘They’ve basically lost everything, all their bits and pieces. Bill wasn’t able to get everything he wanted to save, unfortunately,’ Ms Kinnish said.
‘The helicopters had bombs and fire retardants but that didn’t save the house.’
‘I know the kids are absolutely gutted for their dad to now have lost this as well as their mom,’ she said.
‘They’re just a shattered little family. They’re just shell-shocked and still trying to process it.’
Ms. Kinnish also said that Mr. Morris was ‘traumatized’ after the death of his partner and now he will have to rebuild the home.
‘It’s completely burnt out on the inside, there’s not even a window left in it,’ she said.
Ms. Kinnish has started a GoFundMe page to help rebuild the house of Mr. Morris.
She said: ‘I’ve had messages from people who went to school with some of the kids. It’s been massive. It’s amazing.’
‘We just want to try and get as much as we can so he can have a roof over his head.’
[rumble video_id=v3bnsb domain_id=u7nb2]