A woman has shared gruesome pictures of her acquaintance, who chose to remain anonymous, after he had to be rushed to the hospital because he contracted an infection from biting nails.
As Karen Peat revealed in her post, the man in the story had always been biting his nails until he developed an infection because of the dirty habit.
In order to avoid losing his finger, and potentially his life, the man had to undergo surgery to have the infected parts and the nail removed.
“Someone I know who prefers to remain nameless who bites their nails ended up having to get rushed to Glasgow Royal Infirmary today for emergency surgery because they had bitten their nails down too far and had got an infection in the finger,” Karen wrote in her Facebook post.
“This person had been to two chemists and spoken to two separate pharmacists over the past few days who had advised to use magnesium sulphate and keep it covered it still got worse.”
After things have gotten worse for the man, he was rushed to the ER where doctors told him he could have lost his whole arm or even his life if he waited any longer.
“So please please stop biting your nails!” the woman added.
In an update, Karen also revealed that while surgery was successful, the man’s nail might never grow back due to the trauma.
If you or anyone you know is biting nails, there are things that might help put the bad habit aside. For one, the person should always trim their nails to avoid being tempted to bite them. They should also train themselves to recognize and stop the biting as soon as they notice it.
In addition, addicts of the habit can apply bitter-tasting nail polish or keep their mouths busy with the help of chewing gum.
What are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends and follow us on Facebook for more news and stories!
Recommended Video For You!
‘They Told Me Gays Should Die’: 22-year-old Hospitalised With Horrific Injuries In Homophobic Attack