This is a shocking moment an 80-year-old man accidentally blew up his home while trying to kill a fly that was flying around his dinner.
The pensioner, who was irritated by the insect, took out an electric bug swatter to kill the fly.
An investigating source said: “On this occasion, gas was leaking into the man’s house. The very hot zapper ignited the gas, causing a sudden explosion.
“The man was lucky to get away with a burned hand after diving on the floor, but the kitchen was destroyed along with part of the roof.”
The 80-year-old received treatment in a Libourne hospital after the explosion, which took place in the Dordogne village of Parcoul-Chenaud on Friday.
He is currently staying at a local campsite until the house is completely repaired.
This is not the first time an electric swatter sent someone to a hospital.
In 2007, a 2-year-old boy from Thailand was hospitalized with severe burns after his father used an electric zapper to kill a mosquito in a workroom. After the insect was killed, the boy placed the hot swatter on the floor that had flammable adhesive glue.
One internet user commented: “Get a cat, best exterminators around. It’s hard to stop them once they’re laser focused on a critter, they don’t stop until it stops moving for good.”
Another wrote: “I use water and degreaser to kill flying insects just put in a spray bottle.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Hidden Camera Catches What Waitress Does To Elderly Man’s Food. Now It’s Going Viral”